Re: kde stuff depending on clang

Maya wrote:

> Hi folks, any idea how to add BUILD_DEPENDS to break this being a
> runtime dependency chain?
>
> krita -> kio -> qt5-qtscript -> qt5-qttools -> *clang*
>
> I don't think krita does depend on clang, maybe qt5-qtscript doesn't
> actually runtime-depend on qttools? it's hard to tell, because there are
> dynamic libraries involved.

Hi,

I played with some qt5 programs (okular, otter-browser, ported qt5ct and
falkon), base qt5 ports require a lot of stuff that I didn't really want
to have -> python is one example -- it is listed as a full dependency
for most of them; I made it a build dependency only and it didn't fail.
I can't recall right now, but there were some other library dependencies
that I removed too.

Anyway, you can always try to remove unwanted dependency with
`pkg_delete -f` and see if the desired package fails. If it doesn't ->
remove it from the Makefile. If it doesn't but the package can't be
built without it -> make it a build dependency. Pretty simple actually.
The abovementioned python dependency was not even needed for building
those qt5-* packages.

In your case, clang is only needed for building qdoc. In Debian,
however, (lib-)clang is listed as a dependency of qttools.

--
caóc