Re: mariadb startup fail on NetBSD 8.0

Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> I have not tracked exactly what is wrong

I committed a proper fix in
pkgsrc/databases/mariadb55-client/patches/patch-mysys_my_symlink.c

The problem is that Linux considers a -1 file descriptor argument to
openat() as referencing the root of the filesystem. NetBSD sides with
OpenGroup XSH and fails with EBADF in such case, and MariaDB assumed
Linux behavior.

http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/open.html
> The openat() function shall fail if:
(...)
> [EBADF]
>    The path argument does not specify an absolute path and the fd argument
>    is neither AT_FDCWD nor a valid file descriptor open for reading or
>    searching.

(AT_FDCWD is -100 and not -1 for whoever thought of such a possibility)

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz