Re: scanner problem with packages depending on devel/gobject-introspection

> On Aug 1, 2018, at 8:10 AM, <maya%netbsd.org@localhost> <maya%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
>
> Are you using a symlink'd /usr/pkg or similar, some glib2 tool follows
> symlinks to get the absolute path and pkgsrc masks most of the
> filesystem in compiler command line flags

Yes, ${PREFIX} refers to a symlink.  I have now changed that to an absolute path and packages seem to be building fine.

Would it make sense for bootstrap.sh or some part of mk/* to issue a warning about this requirement?  It seems easy to miss, because many packages can be built just fine with the symlink.  In my case I had several hundred packages already built successfully before running across the few that were confused by the symlink.  This made me think that the problem was something related to those particular packages, not something systemic about the pkgsrc setup.

Cheers,
Brook