Re: R package MASTER_SITES

> On Jul 22, 2018, at 11:12 AM, Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 10:51:04AM -0400, Brook Milligan wrote:
>> It turn out that many (all?) of the R packages have a line like the following in their Makefiles:
>>
>> MASTER_SITES=  ${MASTER_SITE_R_CRAN:=contrib/}
>>
>> This is redundant with the same line in math/R/Makefile.extension, which all R packages should be including anyway.  I would like to remove these extra lines in individual packages in favor of the master version defined in math/R/Makefile.extension.  This will simplify individual R packages and the common single definition will actually be used as intended.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> Fine with me.

I am getting ready for this commit, but have a question:  what shall I put into the changes log?  All the "normal" entries are changes to single packages, whereas this one will simultaneously hit a large number of R packages.  Should there even be an entry to the changes log, given that it is really an infrastructure change and not a change to update a package?

Cheers,
Brook