Re: Asterisk package naming

On 2018-07-17 10:03 AM, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 08:58:57AM -0400, D'Arcy Cain wrote:
>> Having a master package has prior art already such as Python, Apache,
>> PostgreSQL, etc.
>
> There is no "master" package for any of them. The reason why they have
> logic for dependency handling is to allow picking one of the versions. I
> don't think that applies to Asterisk at all. Heck, none of the Asterisk
> packages has even a b3.mk.

My memory is so good that I can remember things that haven't even
happened.  :-/

OK, so what about the other part of my proposal?  If I install the
asterisk13 package it installs asterisk13-13.yy, not asterisk-13.yy.
There is prior art for that, e.g. python37-3.7.0, postgresql95-9.5.13,
php56-mysqli-5.6.36, etc.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost