Re: gimp vs vlc-3.0.2

On 01.07.2018 10:29, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 09:48:45PM +0200, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
>> It's used in the build machinery of vlc:
>>
>> bin/Makefile.am:  ./vlc-cache-gen$(EXEEXT) `realpath ../modules` ; \
>
> Unfortunately readlink(1) seems to not be in POSIX either (so no easy
> upstream fix), but maybe we can patch the Makefile to check for either
> and use whatever is available?
>

> Martin

realpath could be turned into a bootstrap TOOL and we could ship a
fallback BSD version from FreeBSD.

https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/blob/master/bin/realpath/realpath.c

There is an option to import this to NetBSD's base (perhaps /usr/bin
instead of /bin like the FreeBSD's version) so NetBSD users could
continue their life without the need to bootstrap pkgsrc.