Re: undefined PLT symbol

Fekete Zoltán <fekete.zoltan%minux.hu@localhost> writes:

> My output of the running program:
>
> error:navit:plugin_load:can't load
> '/usr/pkg/lib64/navit/map/libmap_textfile.so', Error
> '/usr/pkg/lib64/navit/map/libmap_textfile.so: Undefined PLT symbol
> "attr_search" (symnum = 2)'
> error:navit:map_new:invalid type 'textfile'
> error:navit:plugin_load:can't load
> '/usr/pkg/lib64/navit/graphics/libgraphics_gtk_drawing_area.so', Error
> '/usr/pkg/lib64/navit/graphics/libgraphics_gtk_drawing_area.so:
> Undefined PLT symbol "event_request_system" (symnum = 14)'
> error:navit:graphics_new:Failed to load graphics plugin
> gtk_drawing_area.

- this says lib64, which is a linuxism, where (it used to be at least)
  even on a system where the main arch is amd64, /usr/lib contains i386
  libraries and /usr/lib64 has amd64 libraries.   NetBSD doesn't do
  this, and pkgsrc generally does not (just builds native).

- You can use "ldd" to see what libraries are linked, on each library
  and each binary.

- It looks like the problem is in internal libraries of navit.   They
  probably should have -L/-R to /usr/pkg/lib, and might not.  I would
  suggest using ldd on each of them separately to see if everything is
  resolved.

- You may be having a porting to NetBSD issue rather than a pkgsrc
  issue.

- Look at the output/logs of whatever configure mechanism is used to
  find out the LDFLAGS in use.