Re: Incremental pbulk builds

* On 2018-05-21 at 16:44 BST, Jason Bacon wrote:

> I'm trying, for the first time, to run a full bulk build following a major
> cvs update.  Until now, I've built everything
> from a fresh tree.  This time I'm rebuilding -current and there have been
> some core updates since the last build.
>
> I'm wondering if there's a canonical way to deal with the situation where
> there has been an upgrade to something
> that's already in the bootstrap kit.  I can figure out how to get around it
> manually, but before I do that, is there
> a simple setting in pbulk.conf or something like that?  I'm not seeing
> anything in the docs or anything that sticks
> out in pbulk.conf, but maybe I'm just overlooking it.

There's no feature in pbulk to do this.  In our trunk builds I just
perform a new bootstrap for every build, it only takes a few minutes.

Creating a new bootstrap doesn't change whether pbulk will rebuild a
package or not, that will always happen if a package or its
dependencies have been touched since the last build.