Re: What to do about MAKE_JOBS failures?

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 8:04 PM John Klos <john%ziaspace.com@localhost> wrote:
> On Ubuntu, larger MAKE_JOBS values (I'm only running with 16 at the
> moment) seem to cause some packages to fail that otherwise succeed with
> MAKE_JOBS set to 1.

> What's the best thing to do here?

The usual thing to do is to set MAKE_JOBS_SAFE=no in the Makefile.

> Is anyone doing high MAKE_JOBS builds to look for failure cases?

I am always doing MAKE_JOBS=10 or 12. I build either on a quad-core i7 with
hyper-threading (thus 8 vcpus) or on a Google Compute Engine highcpu
instance with 8 cores (which is about the same).

> The two packages I just saw have this issue are:

> multimedia/libvpx
> devel/glib2

These have worked for me before (on NetBSD, that is). Interesting. Are you
sure it's not a local issue?

--
Benny