Re: cmake support

On 03/15/18 19:34, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 12:21:40AM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 09:30:36AM -0500, Jason Bacon wrote:
On 03/15/18 09:10, Frédéric Fauberteau wrote:
Le 2018-03-15 10:39, maya%netbsd.org@localhost a écrit :
it's most interesting if no cmake package that worked before stops
working :-)
only need 1 OS to test this.
Absolutely.
Actually, I had in mind to run a pbulk for all packages that implement
the 'CONFIGURE_DIRS=${WRKDIR}/build' trick... And I have now boxes to do
that! But yes, we don't care about the OS ;)
Thanks guys!  Let me know if there are any new patches available for
testing.  I'll try it out with our WIP ports ASAP, although that will likely
be middle of next week as I'm tied up until Tues at least.
I have another patch to offer: using ninja instead of make as build
tool.
The default config for ninja will eat all cores though, which is very
annoying. I'm also not sure if it provides any advantage at all for
non-incremental builds.

Joerg

It seems that ninja is the default backend for recent cmake, but there are numerous FreeBSD ports with

USES=cmake:noninja

I recently ported a couple of FEniCS components (dolfin, mshr) that would not build with ninja.  Upstream told me they don't intend to support anything except gmake.