Re: openssl-1.0-only packages?

Am Mon, 19 Feb 2018 15:32:49 +0100
schrieb Thomas Klausner <tk%giga.or.at@localhost>:

> For python 3.4 and php-5.6, there are clear won't-fix statements from
> upstream. 1.1 has been out quite a while, I think 6 more months won't
> give us many more fixes.

So, this is a very good time to drop those unsupported versions unless
you intend to adopt them and live a miserable life patching the heck
out of them, including the hassle introducing two openssl installs and
getting rid of them rather soon later on. Interesting that python 2.7
is fine, though. Upstream really dropped the ball trying to get rid of
that one;-)

Alrighty then,

Thomas

--