Re: git implies gitk

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 03:07:28AM +0000, coypu%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
> gitk requires tk, so X11. it's not a standard thing people expect
> out of 'pkg_add git'. can we omit this dependency from the git package?

It's a problem of naming. What you seem to want can be done with
'pkg_add git-base'; but we also want to have a package that installs
"all of" git, and that's currently "git".

Do you have a suggestion for better package name for the latter?

Also, it has been that way a long time, so we need to re-educate
existing users if we change it now.
 Thomas