Re: buildlink not bringing in proper parts?

I wanted to compile ffmpeg3 with librtmp, which is made available through
net/rtmpdump, but including net/rtmpdump/buildlink3.mk doesn't bring in
/usr/local/lib/librtmp and friends. Can someone tell me what I'm missing?

What error are you seeing?

ERROR: librtmp not found using pkg-config

Nothing from rtmpdump is in work/.buildlink/

Do you have
USE_TOOLS+=pkg-config
in the Makefile (in case pkg-config is used for detecting librtmp)?

Yes. Running createbuildlink for rtmpdump doesn't give anything different than the current buildlink3.mk, and the files I need are definitely in rtmpdump's PLIST. I must be missing something...

John