Re: build dependencies vs tools

On 2017-09-14 04:50, Johnny C. Lam wrote:
[---]
> (3) Package needs bison at run-time as well as at build-time.
>     Perhaps it provides scripts that wrap GNU bison to extend
>     the language accepted.
>
>     USE_TOOLS+= bison:run
>
> I hope this explanation demystifies how dependencies are
> expressed in pkgsrc.

   Definitely -- many thanks to you and Jonathan Perkin.  I recall
having seen a few cases where the dependencies on pkgsrc.se and
ftp.netbsd.ord/pub/pkgsrc/.. don't match up, and I wonder if it's
because they treat USE_TOOLS' ":run" differently.  I'll take a closer
look next time I encounter it.

--
Kind Regards,
Jan