Re: upcoming freeze for 2017Q3, now in careful mode

Am Fri, 08 Sep 2017 10:51:23 -0400
schrieb Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost>:

> I'll be handling the 2017Q3 branch; this email explains what we're
> headed for.   The goal is a boring short freeze!

You might want to have a look at my patches at

	http://src.rrz.uni-hamburg.de/extra/pkgsrc-patches/

I collected those in the process of getting a good deal of pkgsrc to
build with my gcc+binutils toolchains on CentOS 7 and SLES 11.

Easy pickings should be various patches with gcrypt in the name.
Several packages are missing dependencies to libgcrypt and that broke
builds in very interesting ways. There are some other patches that are
just about missing deps.

I guess you want to skip the feature patches for the stable branch …
but well, eventually it would be nice if they can go in. I am unsure
about what to do with my OpenBLAS integration. I guess the package
itself should go into the main tree from wip before we make stuff
depend on it (R, numpy)?

Alrighty then,

Thomas

--