Re: gcc 4.8.5 doesn't match >=4.8?

On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 11:22:22AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 11:18:02AM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > Not sure where the bug is actaully. Maybe we should provide the gcc headers
> > with the compiler.  linux does it.
>
> <stddef.h> is defined by Posix and ISO C. If our implementation does not
> match what the software expects, we should check against the standards
> and fix it - or fix the non-conforming software and upstream the fix.

The build stops on stddef.h but there are probably other issues.
It's not building NetBSD binaries, this is part of the stub domains
(so it builds a mini os, and binaries for this mini os).
It's probably not using the standard headers from the base system (it should
not), but still expects to have gcc headers from the gcc directories.