Re: building devel/bmake on case-insensitive filesystems

> On Aug 12, 2017, at 7:07 PM, Simon J. Gerraty <sjg%juniper.net@localhost> wrote:
>
> Try
>
> http://www.crufty.net/ftp/pub/sjg/beta/bmake-20170812.tar.gz
>
> ChangLog:
>
> 2017-08-12  Simon J. Gerraty  <sjg%bad.crufty.net@localhost>
>
> 	* VERSION (_MAKE_VERSION): Move the setting of _MAKE_VERSION
> 	  to a file that can be included by configure as well as make.
> 	  This allows configure to set set _MAKE_VERSION in make-bootstrap.sh

OK, so this is one of the options I suggested and it seems you have already implemented it (or just did in response to this thread?).

What is required to import a new version of bmake into pkgsrc?  This seems to be “beta”; what does that mean with respect to stability, etc.?  Is this really appropriate to import?

Alternatively, do you have the patch that implements this change?  Could that be brought into pkgsrc for the time being?

Cheers,
Brook