pbulk not creating packages directory automatically was Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/mk/pbulk

Just as an update, I finally got a chance to test things further.

On 08/02/17 10:44, Sevan Janiyan wrote:
> On 01/08/2017 13:55, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
>> For the pbulk side of things:
>> pkgsrc/pkgtools/pbulk/files/pbulk/scripts/pkg-build line 42.
>>
>> For the pkgsrc side of things (i.e. doing make package):
>> pkgsrc/mk/pkgformat/pkg/package.mk line 45 and 67.
>
> Thanks for the pointer, will dig in & report back.

The script went through a change back in 2015, I compared the changes to
the original version of the script, nothing strange there[1]

Just to rule out the script being the issue, I performed a fresh
bootstrap & installed pkgsrc/pkgtools/pbulk manually, myself (without
the use of mk/pbulk/pbulk.sh).

I then performed a fresh bootstrap under a new prefix & requested a
gzipped bootstrap kit.

Edited my pbulk.conf to specify the relevant paths (I didn't use
/usr/pkg) and set master_mode to no.

With a limited bulk build set to build pkgtools/digest, I get
Warning: All log files of the previous pbulk run will be
removed in 5 seconds. If you want to abort, press Ctrl-C.
Removing old scan results
Scanning...
. 1/1
Resolving...
Scanning...
. 1/1
Resolving...
Building...
Initialisation complete.
[1/2] Starting build of  cwrappers-20170611
[1/2] Failed to build    cwrappers-20170611
Building pkg_summary...
cd: /packages/All: No such file or directory

Making /packages, still doesn't result in /packages/All being created.
Changed the ownership of /packages to the publk user, same thing.
# ls -l /
drwxr-xr-x   2 pbulk  wheel       2 Aug  8 17:41 packages

Interestingly, bulklog directory is created automatically, in this case
the default of /bulklog.

Sevan
[1]
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/mk/pbulk/pbulk.sh.diff?r1=1.1&r2=1.3&only_with_tag=MAIN