Re: Help with git/wip

On 27/07/2017 18:10, Andrew Cagney wrote:
One of the first things I learnt about git was to not use 'git pull'
(this was when documentation consisted of being yelled at by linux
kernel engineers :-) it does too much.  I personally view 'git pull
-r' the same way as I view 'alias rm='rm -i''.

Just erase "git pull" it from your command cache and use commands that
manipulate your repo in somewhat understandable ways:

An alternative approach to this is just to create local branches for anything you work on - keep upstream pristime. branches are cheap in git and I find it easier to merge my branched local changes into master, esp if I find a machine with un-pushed commits to master.

Roy