Re: Help with git/wip

There are two answers for your case:

(A) Work in your own branch, then use "git cherry-pick" to move a commit to the branch tracking the origin. You can pull into your master

(B) stash any changes before you pull, I.e.
Git stash
Git pull -r
Git push
Git unstash (or whatever the command is)

Hauke Fath <hf%spg.tu-darmstadt.de@localhost> schrieb am Mi. 26. Juli 2017 um 14:53:
On 07/26/17 12:23, D'Arcy Cain wrote:
> $ git pull -r
> error: cannot pull with rebase: You have unstaged changes.
> error: please commit or stash them.

Ahh, the beauty of git!

I have all but stopped using wip, because of (among others*) git's habit
to assume control of the entire sandbox, when I like my sandbox(es)
littered withc tweaks and not-yet-ready changes.

Can we have a wip-to-cvs gateway for wip, please?

Cheerio,
hauke

* git-team's failure to provide transitional documentation for common
workflows didn't help either. You know - this could have been a showcase...

--
      The ASCII Ribbon Campaign                    Hauke Fath
()     No HTML/RTF in email             Institut für Nachrichtentechnik