Re: Help with git/wip

On 07/26/2017 01:47 PM, Thomas Klausner wrote:
Now that I know what you wanted to do, here is how to do it:

vi Makefile
git add Makefile # to tell git that you want to commit this modification with the next commit

So "add" is really "add to files that I want to commit". Do I also use it to add new files?

git rm -r pkgin # automatically tells git to add this to the next commit
git commit
git pull -r
git push

So "commit" doesn't actually commit?  And why the pull again?

Do all of these extra steps seem reasonable to git users?

You were missing the "git add".

You can instead also do:

vi Makefile
git rm -r pkgin # automatically tells git to add this to the next commit
git commit -a # adds all uncommitted changes to the commit

Is there a config file like in SVN where I can make that a default argument? Or, can I do "git commit Makefile pkgin" without the "add" instead?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost