Re: Local patch revision in PKGREVISION

On Thu, 13 Jul 2017, D'Arcy Cain wrote:
On 07/13/2017 05:11 AM, Stephen Borrill wrote:
I sometimes have the need to note that a package has changed due to a local patch or an option change. I could just locally bump PKGREVISION, but that would be bad. I'd prefer to have a supported suffix to PKGREVISION. For example, PKGREVISION= 2p1 would be newer than 2, but older than 3.

If it's strictly local why bother? Just "make replace" or remove the package before rebuilding. PKGREVISION is meant for causing rebuilds when the user doesn't realize that a change has been made e.g. when running pkg_rolling-replace.

By local I mean not committed to pkgsrc. The built packages are used by customers' machines, so the change needs to be noticed by them.

--
Stephen