Re: Odd use-case; delete all but one package

On Fri, Jul 07, 2017 at 04:25:19PM +0200, Jan Danielsson wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    I found an alternative solution, so this is more or less a curiosa
> question:  Let's say someone wanted to delete all packages except one
> (and its runtime dependencies), how would one go about doing that?
>
>    I had a theory that I could mark a package as "preserve", and then
> pass -rk to pkg_delete and it would properly resolve the dependency
> tree, but I'm not sure how to mark a package as "preserve".  I assumed
> that it was something pkg_admin could do, but perhaps preserve:ness is
> more fundamental than that?

Common enough that we've got a flag for that in OpenBSD.

     -X      Delete everything, except the list of packages that follow.

looks like pkg_delete in NetBSD doesn't do anything with that flag.

If you consider the feature, please consider using the same flag :)