Re: [patch] a concrete proposal for fixing the gcc c++ mixed-compiler issue

* On 2017-07-07 at 05:04 BST, maya%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:

> Thoughts? maybe guard this behaviour by a tunable?

As mentioned on IRC, this kind of approach will likely cause subtle
issues for users like myself who use the GCC_REQD mechanism to ensure
that all packages are built with a specific compiler from pkgsrc.

While I can rely on a pbulk environment to ensure that my build is
clean and only has my desired gcc installed, the same can't be said
for manual builds or development environments, and so it's likely that
users will run into conflicts if they happen to have a newer GCC
installed than the one used to build all existing packages.