Re: pkg_info foo tries to read ./foo

> Am 04.07.2017 um 14:13 schrieb Edgar Fuß <ef%math.uni-bonn.de@localhost>:
> Is it on purpose that pkg_info <name> (no -F) tries to read from <nam> in
> the current directory? E.g. pkg_info postfix in /etc/rc.d complains
> 	Cannot read from archive `postfix': Unrecognized archive format
> as /etc/rc.d/postfix exists, but isn't a pkgsrc archive?

It’s on purpose - the idea is that you can use pkg_info both on an installed package as well as on an uninstalled binary package.t[gb]z file. You can into the latter it seems. I guess it would make sense to check if the named file actually ends in one of the supported binary package suffixes.

For a workaround: cd /

 - Hubert