Re: pkgsrc frozen for 2017Q2

Jason Bacon <bacon4000%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> devel/googletest is failing on CentOS 6 with
>
>   cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option "-std=c++11"
>
>   *** Error code 1
>
> despite the presence of
>
>     USE_LANGUAGES=c++11
>
> Running
>
>     bmake GCC_REQD=4.8
>
> works around the issue.

That sounds like a framework bug.  USE_LANGUAGES=c++11 is supposed to
ensure that the complier used is capable of c++11.  Can you figure out
from work/.buildlink/* what compiler is used without the GCC_REQD=4.8
workaround?  Is that compiler indeed capable of c++11?  What version is
it?  What does the code in mk/? say about which compiler version is
necessary for c++11 on your platform?

Specifically, I am suggesting that perhaps the issue is a missing
GCC_REQD in mk/ for your platform when c++11 is specified.