Re: ocaml build fix

* On 2017-03-27 at 07:43 BST, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 11:02:02PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> >
> > Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost> writes:

> > > I don't think this change makes sense and it is much more likely to hide
> > > the real issue. As such,  I am against this patch.
> >
> > Do you think it's better that ocaml and all ocaml programs fail to build
> > for the branch?   As far as I can tell this is some build detection nit
> > and the library isn't being built for some not particularly good reason.
>
> Compared to a patch that silently ignores a wrong OS being picked up?
> Actually, yes, I do. I had too much fun dealing with ABI misselection
> and things like that to be happy with this patch...

Note that SmartOS/i386 fails in the same way:

  http://us-east.manta.joyent.com/pkgsrc/public/reports/upstream-trunk32/20170325.2239/ocaml-4.04.0/install.log

However even with that, both i386 and x86_64 would still fail due to
the std_exit and stdlib diffs:

  http://us-east.manta.joyent.com/pkgsrc/public/reports/upstream-trunk64/20170324.2240/ocaml-4.04.0/install.log

So, I'm not sure it's completely down to OS mis-selection, but I do
think we should come up with a decent way to handle these changes, as
they break on every ocaml update.