Re: spurious/incorrect "gobject-introspection" dependencies?

On 03.02.2017 16:24, John D. Baker wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Feb 2017, John D. Baker wrote:
>
>> "devel/py-gobject3-common" and "devel/py-gobject3" ("py27-gobject3")
>> claim full dependency (i.e., build and runtime) dependency on
>> "gobject-introspection".  Is that true?  All the other packages I've
>> encountered only needed it for building.
>
> Checking a netbsd-7/amd64 system (which does not exhibit the problems
> with "libgthread"), the following packages register a dependency on
> "devel/gobject-introspection" (i.e., runtime, not just build-time):
>
> at-spi2-core-2.22.0
> libsecret-0.18
> py27-gobject3-3.22.0
> telepathy-glib-0.24.1nb4
> gstreamer0.10-0.10.36nb9
> gst-plugins0.10-base-0.10.36nb10
> libnotify-0.7.6nb4
> libxklavier-5.4nb1
> gstreamer1-1.10.0
> gst-plugins1-base-1.10.0
>
> Of these, "libsecret", "libnotify", "gstreamer1", and "gst-plugins1-base"
> have "introspection" options in pkgsrc-2016Q4.  "gstreamer0.10" and
> "gst-plugins0.10-base" gained "introspection" options in HEAD.
> "libxklavier" has just had the gobject-introspection bl3 inclusion
> commented out in HEAD.
>
> "py27-gobject3" ("devel/py-gobject3") and "devel/py-gobject3-common"
> seem inextricably tied to "gobject-introspection" and I've not found
> a way to implement the "introspection" option for them.
>
> Other packages ("devel/atk", "x11/gtk[23]", "net/libsoup",
> "devel/py-gobject-shared", "devel/pango") all have
>
>   BUILDLINK_DEPMETHOD.gobject-introspection:=    build
>
> before their inclusion of the gobject-introspection bl3 file.
>
> I've locally implemented the "introspection" option for "at-spi2-core",
> "telepathy-glib", and others not shown.  Most of these followed the
> example of "graphics/librsvg" from HEAD and included the
> BUILDLINK_DEPMETHOD statement above, limiting the package's dependency
> on gobject-introspection to build only.

This dependency should be almost conditional. This is a package used by
a subset of Gnome (gobject) developers to debug native applications. It
also breaks PaX MPROTECT restrictions.

However switching it globally requires time I cannot spare in close time.