Re: Continuing refactoring of "pkgformat" out of pkgsrc

On Fri, Feb 03, 2017 at 03:22:57AM +0000, Johnny C. Lam wrote:
> Are there any active projects on continuing to refactor pkgsrc to hide the
> the pkgformat?  We will need this to support other package formats.  If
> there is already someone else work on this, I would like to contribute.  If
> not, I will start working on this as I need this as a prerequesite for some
> future pkgsrc enhancements.

A second pkgformat is already supported in a fork, see
https://github.com/jrmarino/pkgsrc-synth/tree/master/bootstrap/overlay

The link points to the patches compared to pkgsrc, if you go to
/tree/master you can directly test the modified pkgsrc tree.
 Thomas