Re: changing the default pkgdbdir used in bootstrap script

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 11:25:54PM +0300, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
 > > What are the downsides of using a db under LOCALBASE on platforms where
 > > pkgsrc is not native?
 >
 > I think, we have come to consensus on this point, actually. To reiterate...

Hardly - the package database is exactly the kind of read/write
metadata that belongs in /var. I have no objection if you want to put
/var in /usr on your machine (or even if you want to go back to having
/usr/adm) but it shouldn't be policy.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost