Re: libfetch: support proxies for https

* On 2016-10-19 at 20:40 BST, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 02:22:44PM +0100, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
> > > I quite dislike the mess the other patch creates.
> >
> > Could you elaborate?  It brings us in line with upstream, and fixes
> > real problems.  If you have an alternate patch I'd be happy to test
> > it, though we then diverge even further from upstream.
>
> It's not upstream, the code base is different enough to qualify as full
> scale fork.

Ok, but the point is that they've had these changes for 2 years to fix
issues they've seen, so have had a decent amount of time to test, and
it fixes similar issues that I've seen too in our "fork".  Thus I have
reasonable confidence that the patch is at least positive, despite not
being to everyone's taste.

You've not been specific about what issues you have with the patch, so
I can't really do anything about it.  Therefore unless there are other
objections I will integrate it so that we move forward, and we can
always look to improve upon it later.

And yes, while there are now substantial differences between our
libfetch implementations, I'd still prefer we try to keep in sync
where possible (as I've done with the proxy fix), as it makes merging
future fixes much easier, as well as taking advantage of the extra
testing from the FreeBSD folks.