Re: shell wrappers: merge -l nameoflib into a single -lnameoflib

* On 2016-09-12 at 14:26 BST, Jonathan Perkin wrote:

> * On 2016-09-12 at 14:20 BST, Ryo ONODERA wrote:
>
> > I am working on pkgsrc/lang/rust on NetBSD and Linux.
> > The older shell wrappers cannot handle "-l m" (whitespace between -l
> > and library name, m) and I cannot build some libraries in lang/rust.
> >
> > I suggest the following patch.
> > It does not break
> >
> > BUILDLINK_TRANSFORM=	l:execinfo:execinfo:elf
> >
> > like BUILDLINK_TRANSFORM.
> >
> > What should be confirmed to adopt this change?
>
> Looks fine to me.  For the record cwrappers already handles this
> construct, which is why I didn't notice this issue with lang/rust
> prior to importing.
>
> I'd like to get this integrated before 2016Q3, so I will perform a
> bulk build just to check that there are no regressions, but I don't
> expect any.
>
> Results should hopefully be available tomorrow, though it's been a
> long time since I did a non-cwrappers build!

This is finally complete.  The bulk build is here:

  http://us-east.manta.joyent.com/pkgsrc/public/reports/upstream-bulktest/20160912.1509/meta/report.html

and compared to a recent cwrappers build:

  http://us-east.manta.joyent.com/pkgsrc/public/reports/upstream-bulktest/20160909.0847/meta/report.html

shows no related regressions.  Go for it!

Thanks,