Re: transform for compiler flags on Darwin

On 22 August 2016 at 13:29, Sevan / Venture37 <venture37%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> On 21 August 2016 at 16:37, Jonathan Perkin <jperkin%joyent.com@localhost> wrote:
>> I'd like to test that it doesn't cause regressions, but my main
>> comment is that you should implement it for cwrappers too.
>>
>> Cheers,
>
> There's a bulk build in progress on Tiger PowerPC with these changes
> applied but it'll take a few weeks to finish.
> Could you help with the Intel ones?
>
> No worries on the cwrappers, will take a look over the weekend.
> cwrappers actually need additional changes to handle an Apple specific
> flag for the linker as well (on legacy OS X).
>
> Sevan

All good, there were no reports of "unrecognized option '-shared'"
errors in failed packages among the last bulkbuild report. Package
count went up from 8899[1] to 8966[2].
I looked at cwrappers and made the addition locally (have not gotten
around to testing it), I could find any example of tailoring for a
specific platform, in this case -shared should only be translated on
legacy OS X, what's the best way to proceed for that, ifdef dance?

Sevan
[1] http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-bulk/2016/08/19/msg013054.html
[2] http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-bulk/2016/08/30/msg013089.html