Re: Dealing with differing extensions

"Sevan / Venture37" <venture37%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> Hello,
> There's a bit of boilerplate code which ends up getting plastered
> around for dealing with differing file extensions on various
> platforms, for example shared libraries on OS X & other operating
> systems (dylib vs so).
>
> What's the best approach for implementing a widget that handle such a
> scenario & removes the burden of adding a means of working out the
> extension within each package that requires it?

I'm sure there are others who can provide more informed explanations but
I think you want to look at libtool:

http://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/fixes.html#fixes.libtool

This link also explains what goes in PLIST.

I'm not sure how much of section 19.3.1 is actually required, it seems
like
	USE_LIBTOOL=  yes
may be enough, but there may be other vars are required, (USE_TOOLS
comes to mind).