Re: new license?

Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:

> In what case should a new license be added in pkgsrc/licenses/ ?
> I have the case of mod_encoding, which is a 5-clause BSD that does
> not match anything as far as I can tell. Should I add it? Under
> what name?

Strictly, as we have documented the policy, the question is if it's been
blessed by OSI or FSF.  This probably hasn't been approved, so that
would lead to adding it as iij-license and not being in
DEFAULT_ACCEPTABLE.

Do you know if it's been approved?

However, it seems that OSI and FSF are not actively approving new
licenses.   So I am wondering about treating Debian including
somethingin main per the DFSG as an additional approving authority for
adequately Free.  Do you know if this license is acceptable to Debian
(by finding something under it in main)?