go packages, gopath, adjusting upstream sources

I would appreciate it if those expert in go took a look at
net/syncthing.  I adjusted how the upstream sources are laid out to be
under gopath, following what I believe is the preferred go approach,
because the old way no longer worked.  I wonder if some of this should
be hoisted to common go infrastructure, or if I am doing this
suboptimally, or if the go world should change their approach, if people
have other comments.