Handling licenses

Hi,

Quoting http://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/fixes.html#handling-licenses:
> The pkgsrc system, as a policy choice, does not label packages
> which have licenses that are Free or Open Source.

This seems to contradict the current pkglint behavior, which says that
“Every package must define its LICENSE”. Since the text from the pkgsrc
guide is 9 years old, is it still up-to-date?

Also, the pkgsrc guide does not give helpful instructions on determining
which license a package has. Do we have some tool that I can feed a
given COPYING file into, and it tells me which of the predefined
licenses it is? Recognizing the GNU GPL is easy, since it says so, but
choosing between the various BSD licenses requires reading the whole
text, as far as I know.

Roland