Re: math/R failing to install

On Jun 25, 2016, at 12:45 PM, David Holland <dholland-pkgtech%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 10:26:43AM -0600, Brook Milligan wrote:
>> /usr/pkg/lib/libxcb-shm.so.0.0.0:
>> 	-lxcb.2 => /usr/X11R7/lib/libxcb.so.2
>> 	-lXau.7 => /usr/X11R7/lib/libXau.so.7
>> 	-lgcc_s.1 => /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
>> 	-lc.12 => /usr/lib/libc.so.12
>> 	-lXdmcp.7 => /usr/X11R7/lib/libXdmcp.so.7
>
> So um... is there a reason you're mixing native and pkgsrc X? Some
> combinations of that have been made to work in the past, but in
> general it's a bad idea.

Actually, I had no intent of doing that and as far as I can tell I have nothing in the configuration that would do so.  Indeed, the configuration hasn’t changed.  I just decided to do a pkg_rolling-replace to test the soon-to-be 2016Q2 packages that I normally have installed.  To do that I simply upgraded to the current pkgsrc and ran pkg_rolling-replace -suv.

What should I be looking at that would have created a mix and how do I avoid that?

I believe in the past I have always used native X11, which is what I think I am using now.  However, it is clear that native X11 in 7.0.1 does not provide all the symbols required by  some packages.  Does that mean I should be using pkgsrc X11 exclusively?

Cheers,
Brook