Re: /var vs /usr/pkg/var

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 14:41:41 +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> texmf creates lots of files in /var during installation.
> Shouldn't these live in ${PREFIX}/var?

Is ${PREFIX}/var even a thing? How about ${VARBASE}?

With my sysadmin hat on: A machine has one configuration dir - /etc -
and one state dir - /var. I do not enjoy having to chase around
configuration and state files on a system, and especially when packages
start keeping variable data under ${PREFIX}.

Cheerio,
hauke

--
Hauke Fath                        <hauke%Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE@localhost>