Re: MASTER_SITE_PYPI

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 02:31:00PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> pypi changed its file storage. All new uploads are now below
> "/xx/yy/zzzzzzzz../" paths where x, y, and z are hex digits, and the
> paths are different for each version of a package.

This has been discussed in detail at
https://bitbucket.org/pypa/pypi/issues/438/backwards-compatible-un-hashed-package

and the solution is to use

https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/source/

where the previous paths work.

Please note: if you were using MASTER_SITES=${MASTER_SITE_PYPI}, this
won't work any longer. I've fixed the packages in pkgsrc to avoid
that. The proper URL for e.g. pyfoo is
MASTER_SITES=${MASTER_SITE_PYPI:=p/pyfoo/}.

> We should probably get rid of the magic for MASTER_SITES_PYPI in
> url2pkg and similar tools, since there is not much point any longer.

I now think that we should fix them to convert the hashed URLS to
${MASTER_SITE_PYPI:=p/pyfoo/} like above.
 Thomas