Re: NetBSD openjdk SecureRandom /dev/random "Resource temporarily unavailable" issue

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 02:57:15PM +0000, coypu%SDF.ORG@localhost wrote:
> I'd be concerned about languages that tries to continue to provide
> random numbers if there is not enough entropy. This does happen in
> practice, and users of that language could be relying on it for some
> cryptography that requires actually random numbers.

This argument is almost always completely false. Once the system has
been initialized correctly, there is enough entropy. The very concept of
entropy depletion is bogus. I don't really see *any* reason for Java to
ever prefer /dev/random over /dev/urandom.

Joerg