Re: ACCEPTABLEness of Standard PIL License (graphics/py-Pillow)

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 07:29:36AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> While I really don't like pkgsrc being in the business of approving
> licenses, I won't object if you put this in as pil and add it to
> DEFAULT_ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES, because I can't make an argument that this
> license is not Open Source or not Free.

As I wrote on IRC, the problem here is that there is a semantic
ambiguity on whether the permission grant is without fee or whether copying
has to be without fee. I consider this argument very weak, especially
with the sentence structure used, but there are nitpickers that believe
different.

Joerg