Re: MACHINE_GNU_PLATFORM

* On 2016-04-16 at 22:22 BST, Mark Davies wrote:

> Did something happen to the handling of MACHINE_GNU_PLATFORM in the last
> couple of months?
>
> On our linux systems it used to be being set to x86_64-unknown-linux (at
> least when building the R package) and is now "x86_64-pc-linux"
> which causes R to change where its personal libraries directory points.

Yes, it looks like it was changed as part of my MACHINE_ARCH cleanup,
from mk/bsd.prefs.mk:

  -.  elif ${LOWER_ARCH} == "i386"
  +.  elif ${MACHINE_ARCH} == "i386" || ${MACHINE_ARCH} == "x86_64"
   LOWER_VENDOR?=          pc
   .  endif
   LOWER_VENDOR?=          unknown

I'm not sure why I changed that in hindsight, and it conflicts with
what config.guess outputs, so unless there are objections I'll back it
out so that it's only set for i386.