Re: PREFIX and LOCALBASE

On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 16:09:21 -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> When should I expect PREFIX to be different from LOCALBASE?
>
> I think we used to put X11 packages built by pkgsrc in /usr/Xsomething
> rather than in /usr/pkg.
>
> So I think this is vestigial from that.   We do need to fix either the
> docs or pkglint.
>
> Or, the warning is really about using LOCALBASE, when it should be using
> a mk fragment or bl3 file from the package it depends on, instead of
> making assumptions.

The occurrences in editors/xemacs/Makefile set the search path for GNU
info files. Since we don't install to /usr/X11R? any more, I guess the
LOCALBASE part can go.

Cheerio,
hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344