Re: Rewriting pkglint in a portable language

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 11:35:29PM +0100, Roland Illig wrote:
> But since Go is currently not portable to as many platforms as necessary
> for pkgsrc, it is not the optimal choice, and I looked for alternatives.

That is what I was thinking too initially, but after thinking about it
more there is an alternative: instead of you wasting time on rewriting
it one more time, let's try to push portability of Go (just like we
should for Rust, see my mail from yesterday).

The question is what targets do we consider necessary - I wouldn't think
ancient NetBSD versions should be included (even if still creating binary
pkgs for them). Improving the make conditions that swich over to the perl
version should do.

Martin