Re: libtool running in the wrong directory

coypu%SDF.ORG@localhost writes:

> On Tue, Mar 08, 2016 at 08:33:36AM +0000, coypu%SDF.ORG@localhost wrote:
>> Works fine if I run gmake in ${WRKSRC}, even.
>> Doesn't work fine if pkgsrc does it.
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 08, 2016 at 07:09:55AM +0000, coypu%SDF.ORG@localhost wrote:
>> > Hi, I've got the following problem with wip/gnome-settings-daemon
>> > It tries to run the following command (except with a lot more parameters):
>> > libtool --tag=CC --mode=link clang -o libpower.la libpower_la-gpm-common.lo
>> > while at ${WRKSRC}.
>> >
>> > This fails with:
>> > libtool: link: `libpower_la-gpm-common.lo' is not a valid libtool object
>> >
>> > If I run this same command at ${WRKSRC}/plugins/power, it works fine.
>
> After some debugging (thanks everyone) I've managed to make a very
> simple change that makes this package build fine on my machine:
>
> chmod -x work/.wrapper/bin/libtool
>
> Any idea why that was needed?
>
> I've got libtool-base-2.4.2nb11

That sounds like the wrong fix, but it's a huge clue.   Surely the
wrapper is meant to be executed.  It sounds then like if you remove the
x bit that it isn't used, and some other libtool is used, which is ok.
So the big question is why is the wrapper doing the wrong thing.