Re: VARBASE in BUILD_DEFS (was: Re: wanderer)

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 10:51:07PM +0100, Roland Illig wrote:
 > > (surely VARBASE doesn't need to be added to BUILD_DEFS by hand?)
 >
 > Surely it does need to be added by hand. BUILD_DEFS contains only those
 > variables that actually affect the build. There are plenty of packages
 > that don't use VARBASE at all and therefore should not display the
 > following prominent message:
 > [snip]

There's no such display for PREFIX, which is no more or less
fundamental than VARBASE. Nor is it necessary to manually add PREFIX
to BUILD_DEFS.

Yeah, some packages don't use VARBASE. A lot more silently ignore it
when they ought to be using it. We shouldn't be treating it as
optional.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost