Re: pkglint issues in pkg_developer

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 02:53:58PM +0100, Benny Siegert wrote:
> If you can compile gcc5 on your platform, then you can have gccgo.
> There should probably be support for compiling Go packages with gccgo
> in pkgsrc. That would be an interesting project.
>
> Otherwise, solaris-amd64 works, so you can use it on a 64-bit system.

The point is: a tool should be convenient and easy to accesss.

Writing it in an essential non portable language (even if it is *the* language
of the year before) makes the tool mostly useless.

We have seen that before with people who used Pascal or Modual3 for no
especially good reason.

I'd suggest to rename pkglint4 back to pkglint and move the go version to
some special name like pkglint-go-5 (and of course default to the old version).

Otherwise: could we add hooks to the failure message and make the "is not
available for" message point at the other package?

Martin
P.S.: does it actually work on any arm machine? I get the "is not available"
on all the ones I tried (several of them running kernels that live under
arch/evbarm).