[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
pkgsrc is now frozen in preparation for pkgsrc-2015Q4
As per the subject, we are now in the freeze period in preparation for
branching pkgsrc-2015Q4. The freeze is expected to last no longer
than 2 weeks.
As pkgsrc users, how can you help ensure this is our best release yet?
- Test pkgsrc bootstrap on your favourite platforms, the more diverse
the better, and report any failures.
- Check that your favourite packages build and, more importantly as
bulk builds do not check this, function correctly at runtime.
- Look through the bulk build reports sent to the pkgsrc-bulk list at
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-bulk/ and submit fixes.
- If you have reasonable hardware, perform a bulk build (even if it's
limited to one of the meta-pkgs/bulk-* sets) on a platform for
which there aren't already regular reports.
- Review the bootstrap documentation for your platform to ensure it
With the tree frozen, now is a great time to test that things work
correctly without the regular churn of package and infrastructure
Jonathan Perkin - Joyent, Inc. - www.joyent.com
Main Index |
Thread Index |