Re: Floodgap Free Software License

John Nemeth <jnemeth%cue.bc.ca@localhost> writes:

> } licence and will never be certified as such by the OSI or FSF.
>
>      Who cares what the FSF thinks?  OSI is the only relevant one
> of the two.  I think that is a possibility that this licence could
> be certified by them.

It has been the documented rule in pkgsrc for a very long time that
licenses may be added to DEFAULT_ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES if they have been
certified Open Source by OSI or Free by FSF.  (There has been a further
decision by board@ to exclude AGPL from DEFAULT_ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES.)
See mk/license.mk.

So far the only real problem with this approach has been boutique
licenses that are more or less free, or perhaps entirely, but which
haven't been evaluated.

In the case of this license, we'd have to set NO_*_ON_CDROM, so it's
clearly not ok for default.